When you think about your planner, what inspires you in your designs and decorations? How do you find your inspiration? What motivates you to keep it accurate and up-to-date? Whether you use a pre-printed planner, a plain dot-grid journal, or a collection of printables — we all add our own mark to our planner system!
Where do you look for your planner inspiration?
When you sit down, how do you decide on the month’s theme or layout? Do you base your designs and decorations on the season? On the holiday of month? On a personal event happening in that month? If you’re like me, it’s all over the map depending on what I have planned for the month.
- A lot of the time mine is based on the time of year – floral for spring, beautiful leaves for autumn. But if I have a particularly big event in a month, I might switch it up. In April of this year, I have a family wedding to attend so the design might include doves or wedding bells.
- While electronic organization has it’s advantages, I almost always circle back to organizing in paper. If for no other reason than I love my stickers and washi tapes!
- I’ve even mixed up the mood trackers based on the overall design on the month. If you aren’t integrating a mood tracker, you should give it a try!
How do you stay motivated to use your planner?
When life gets busy, productivity and habits can start to fall by the wayside. How do you stay on track with using your planner?
- When I started my first bullet journal, I actually put “bujo” as one of the habits in my habit tracker! It helped me build the habit that is now instilled in me (for the most part).
- Having all your journaling habits and supplies in place makes it so much easier to accomplish your planner goals.
- For a little help or inspiration, check out these planner habit suggestions to cement it as part of your daily life.
A collection of ideas and designs – check them out!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click the links but at no additional cost to you.
Here are just a few products to give you some ideas and inspiration for your journaling. Some of them are brand-new products and some of them are just my favorite products!
Erin Condren Ettavee Ultimate Planny Pack
Erin Condren Layers Planner Folio
Coco and Opal Design Sticker Club